I will be putting on this page the resources, books, speakers, Ted Talks, websites, meditations, books (fiction and non-fiction that assist me in my spiritual and emotional growth.
I have been regularly listening to Jonathan Lehmann's morning meditation which is 10 minutes long. In it he quotes Albert Einstein as saying, "there are those who live live as though everything is a miracle and there are those who live life as if nothing is a miracle." The goal of today is to experience, taste, see, smell, touch, hear everything as a miracle and to intentionally, on a daily basis, live our lives with the following intentions.
1. I make plans but I remain flexible and open to the surprises life has in store for me. I try to say yes as often as possible.
2. I cultivate patience, by doing so I cultivate deep confidence.
3. I welcome the opportunity to step out of my comfort zone and I do not let myself be guided by fear.
4. I love myself unconditionally because it is essential to my happiness. I do not need other people's approval to love myself just as I am.
5. I am going to eat fruit and vegetables, drink water, take the stairs, walk and sleep 7 to 8 hours per night. Today I am giving love to my body.
6. I give everywhere I go, even if only a small compliment or my full attention, listening is my best gift I can give to those around me.
7. I try to be impeccable with my word and to speak only to spread positivity, it is counter productive to my happiness to speak against myself and others.
The following meditation is on the door to my office and is on my date book, it was written by Jack Kornfield.
"May I love myself just as I am
May I sense my worthiness and well-being
May I trust this world
May I hold myself in compassion
May I meet the suffering and ignorance of others with compassion
A Poem by Antonio Machado, translated by Robert Bly
Last night, as I was sleeping,
I dreamt-marvelous error!-
that I had a beehive
here inside my heart
And the golden bees
were making white combs
and sweet honey
from my old failures.